The PWD Health and Litter database provides on-line access to general information about a dog, health information from open registries and owner/breeder input, and reports reflecting breed statistics, health statistics, and general information.
The PWD Health and Litter database provides an on-line ability to submit new information or provide updates to the information stored in the database.
Submissions include Litters, general dog information, and Health
A. Access to each type of information will be governed
by the access and participation policy set forth below:
B. Submission of information, either new or updates, will be governed by the access and participation policy set forth below:
- General information about a specific dog will be available to any person upon activation of a user account granted by the database Security Administrator.
- Health information contained in the database, regardless if the information was obtained from open health registries or from owners or breeders, will be available to any person who is an
active PWD Health participant. An active PWD Health participant is determined by:
- Any person who has submitted Health information
and supporting documentation to the PWD. All Participants must
provide updates to the Health Registry at least once every two
- Board and Committee members (updates and verification is
required once a year)
- Health professionals
- The following types of reports will be available to any person upon activation of a user account granted by the database Security Administrator:
- Reports reflecting general dog information.
- Report of the PWD Unofficial Pedigree excluding health information.
- Reports reflecting statistical information about health, disease, and diagnosis.
- Reports reflecting statistical information about the breed.
The following types of
reports will be available only to active PWD Health participants:
Reports reflecting health information about a specific dog.
- Report of the PWD Unofficial Pedigree including health information.
C. Termination of database privileges
- Dog information submissions (new or updates) and Litter submissions cannot be restricted to a specific person or account. However, each
submission includes the name of the person submitting the information.
The persons name will be used in the submission approval process performed by the database administrator.
- Health information submissions (new or updates) will be available to any person who is an active
PWD Health participant. A non-active participant is not presented the forms
required to submit new or updated information. An active participant is
defined in A.2 above and more specifically, as stated on the database
under "Health Participant Definition":
guidelines for health testing does not make you or your dog a
participant in the database.
Ratings for your dog may
"passively" be provided to and appear in the database from ¡¡ãopen
registries¡¡À such as OFA, CERF, GM1 and Optigen. This does not,
however, make you or your dog an "active" participant in the
To be an "active"
participant in the database you must enter the health information
for your dog even if it is already present from the Open
Registries. In making the entries you will see other health areas
listed and be able to see if anything other than OFA, CERF, GM1 and
Optigen ratings should be entered about your dog.
You even have the
opportunity to enter brief comments about your dog's health at the
bottom of the Health Update Page.
- Submissions will not be entered and stored in the database until they are reviewed and approved by a database administrator.
- All Board and Committee members must review the database information and provide updates to the information yearly.
- All Health Participants must review the database information and provide updates to the information at least once every two years
A database administrator (Security, Litter, or Health) can deactivate an account or reassign permissions of an account per their judgment if the user is found not to be in compliance with the rules and regulations set forth in the database use. The Security Administrator will notify the user of the change in database access permissions. Reinstatement of an account will require Board approval.
D. Database Administration
The following is a general set of roles and responsibilities required for database administration:
- The Security Administrator will approve and activate a user account request upon verification of adherence to this policy. Approval may include coordination with Board and Committee personnel.
- The Security Administrator will assign the appropriate Security levels
within the database for general user identification and for compliance analysis per the following list.
|| All Database Administration
|| Board Member
|| Health Committee Member
|| Regular Committee Member
|| Participating Health user
||General user, no Health Participation
- The Security Administrator will monitor access to the database for Board and Committee personnel as well as general database usage.
- The Litter Administrator will review and approve Litter database submissions and updates to general dog information. This includes making minor corrections to the submission to comply with data integrity in the database. The administrator will update the database with approved submissions.
- The Health Administrator will review and approve Health database submissions (new or updates). This includes making minor corrections to the submission to comply with data
integrity in the database. The administrator will update the database with approved submissions. In addition, the Health Administrator will be responsible for
submitting and updating the database for open health registry information.
- The Database Administrator will ensure proper operation of the database and assist the administrators.
- Duties between administrators can be shared or transferred per agreement between the effected parties.
The PWD database will not require a subscription fee for the users.